Saturday, February 26, 2011

I am a planner...

I like to plan but I find that I can find a way to wiggle out of that plan relatively quickly when things get busy.  So, to be able to move to a more paleo/primal eating style, I need to have a set of solid (and preferably easy) group of meals to grab from.

I've been thinking about this a fair bit over the last 24 hours and have come up with a set of 4-5 possible meal options for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I am looking for a few additional ideas, so if you have some "secret faves" please, fee free comment.

Breakfast:
  • egg and Canadian bacon
  • Greek yogourt and fruit
  • protein shake (on busy mornings)
  • cottage cheese and avocado
  • protein pancakes (have some rolled oats in them)
Lunch:
  • grilled meat (chicken, pork, beef) and salad
  • cottage cheese with salmon or tuna
  • grilled meat and grilled veggies
  • omelette with cheese and veggies
Dinner:
  • Grilled meat/fish with roasted or mashed sweet potato
  • Large salad with salmon/tuna or eggs
  • Eggs with lots of veggies
Snacks:
Lots of nuts and seeds (almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds) a bit of dried fruit (blueberries, cranberries) fruit  (apples, avocado, grapes, berries), Greek yogourt.

I am going to go back to drinking black coffee ( I can't give up my java!) and I already drink anywhere from 3-4 litres of water a day.  The occasional green, orange pekoe or herbal tea at night as well.

So, feedback, opinions are always welcome!  I am going to make a basic grocery list that I will be able to use weekly to replenish my cupboard.   


I will be posting some recipes once I have tested them out (and approved by my Foodie palate) over the next couple of weeks.  While I am OK with keeping the basics in rotation, I do enjoy cooking and recipe testing, so I will be playing around with those "basics"

Have an AWESOME DAY!

1 comment:

  1. Having a plan is great. I think your menu is a good one. I am more strict Paleo so I do not eat dairy but your choices are good ones. I could not give up my coffee either and now I actually like it black. Java is just too hard to get rid of LOL! So I say keep the coffee and don't feel bad about it :)

    ReplyDelete